[TxMt] Pasteboard Server Error

Rob McBroom textmate at skurfer.com
Thu Sep 13 04:21:08 UTC 2007

On Sep 12, 2007, at 4:06 PM, Jeff Clark wrote:

> TextMate will work fine for a run or two but it quickly becomes
> dead to the world of copy-and-paste (other than internally).

I had never experienced (or heard about) this until today. I didn't
realize it was a known problem, but I eventually logged out/in and
that seemed to fix it. I thought it was a fluke, but now you have me
worried that it will become common. Anyway, I can also confirm that
it was only TextMate that couldn't be copied to or from.

> I had never experienced this problem until I updated to the latest
> version (1.5.6 (1414))  several weeks ago.

Are you also using the clipboard module in Quicksilver? I initially
thought that was to blame for mucking things up (although it's been
installed for months), so I disabled it, but that obviously didn't
help. However, I haven't ruled out that some sort of interaction
between TextMate and the Quicksilver clipboard module caused this,
which is why I bring it up. I've also updated Quicksilver recently to
3804 for what it's worth (although the Clipboard module is unchanged).

For me, it seemed to break (or I first noticed the problem) after
using "Edit in TextMate" from Mail. Does "Edit in TextMate" interact
with the pasteboard in some way that could be relevant.

---
Rob
<http://www.skurfer.com/>