[TxMt] Setting up Latex Watch

Clover antikraft at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 01:07:21 UTC 2007

Robin Houston wrote:
> On 03/09/07, Clover <antikraft at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have been hearing about the Latex Watch setup which sounds like a
>> dream. However, couldn't find any directions for setting it up.
>> Any pointers?
>>

> It's now integrated into the main Latex bundle (though unfortunately I
> haven't yet integrated the documentation). So if you're comfortable
> with switching to the cutting-edge bundles using SVN, you can follow
> the directions at http://macromates.com/wiki/Main/SubversionCheckout .
> The new Latex bundle has a "watch document" command, which in most
> circumstances should Just Work. You can set the viewer application
> using the preferences command in the bundle.
>
> That is the best way, but if you're not comfortable doing that then
> the last standalone version is (for now) still at
> http://www.puffinry.demon.co.uk/LaTeX%20Watch%202.5.dmg . Just
> double-click on the disk image to mount it, then double-click on the
> bundle to install it. The bundle contains a 'help' command, which
> should give you enough info to get it working. If not, give us a
> shout!
>
> Robin

Seems like I am having problems updating my LaTeX bundle.
I have been trying to update my bundles using the script at
http://blog.bleything.net/2006/10/15/keeping-textmate-bundles-up-to-date-with-ruby
and also the GetBundle bundle, but I don't think my bundle gets updated.
The former script when doing the update says "* LaTeX: bundle exists,
updating
* updated to " without saying the version number to which it was updated
— makes me think that there was an update failure (a similar thing
happens to the "Text" bundle during updating.

Any clues?
Thanks!