[TxMt] Setting up Latex Watch

Robin Houston robin.houston at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 17:26:54 UTC 2007

On 03/09/07, Clover <antikraft at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been hearing about the Latex Watch setup which sounds like a
> dream. However, couldn't find any directions for setting it up.
> Any pointers?

It's now integrated into the main Latex bundle (though unfortunately I
haven't yet integrated the documentation). So if you're comfortable
with switching to the cutting-edge bundles using SVN, you can follow
the directions at http://macromates.com/wiki/Main/SubversionCheckout .
The new Latex bundle has a "watch document" command, which in most
circumstances should Just Work. You can set the viewer application
using the preferences command in the bundle.

That is the best way, but if you're not comfortable doing that then
the last standalone version is (for now) still at
http://www.puffinry.demon.co.uk/LaTeX%20Watch%202.5.dmg . Just
double-click on the disk image to mount it, then double-click on the
bundle to install it. The bundle contains a 'help' command, which
should give you enough info to get it working. If not, give us a
shout!

Robin