[TxMt] Can't get Textmate to use Skim as a PDF viewer

Bill McNeill billmcn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 05:17:41 UTC 2007

My Mac Mini is configured to use Skim as the PDF viewer called from
Textmate's LaTeX bundle, however I still view compiled .PDF files inside
Textmate.  I need help configuring Textmate so that it will automatically
launch Skim.

Intel Mac Mini
OS X: 10.4.10

Textmate version: 1.5.7 (1436)
I have the following Textmate environment variables set in
Preferences->Advanced->Shell Variables:
TM_LATEX_ERRLVL 1
TM_LATEX_COMPILER latexmk.pl
TM_LATEX_VIEWER Skim

Skim Version: 0.9.3 (v15)
Skim has Prefereces->Sync "Check for file changes" checked and the Preset
set to "Textmate".

I am using fink's LaTeX distribution.

Skim works.  It is my default .PDF viewer in Finder.  I can use it to open
and view .PDF files.

If I successfully compile a LaTeX document in Textmate using apple-R, the
compiled .PDF file appears in the "Typeset and View" window owned by
Textmate instead of a Skim process.

I have another computer, a Mac Book, that as far as I can tell is configured
identically.  On this machine, Textmate launches Skim as its .PDF viewer as
expected.

I'm out of ideas on how to debug this.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.
--
Bill McNeill
http://staff.washington.edu/billmcn/index.shtml