[TxMt] RSpec bundle trouble

Dean Wampler deanwampler at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 11:37:17 UTC 2007

I think this is an environment issue. For me, I installed ruby and all gems
in /usr/local/... I'm not using the Ruby that came installed on OS X. If I
launch TextMate from the finder, it doesn't know about this. I have my
.bashrc set up the correct paths, so I use the "mate" command in a terminal
window to launch TM.

dean

On 10/20/07, Nate Smith <nwjsmith at gmail.com> wrote:

> I definitely installed RSpec with rubygems, but I'm using the RSpec
> Rails plugin for my current project, but I don't see how that should
> make a difference if spec_mate.rb is looking for rubygems. Also, when
> I run the "Open Require" command on the first line of spec_mate.rb it
> cannot find rubygems.rb.
>
> On 21-Oct-07, at 12:16 AM, James Edward Gray II wrote:
>
> > On Oct 20, 2007, at 6:55 PM, Nate Smith wrote:
> >
> >> I'm using the RSpec bundle, and when I run the "Run Behavior
> >> Description" command, I get the following output:
> >>
> >> /Users/nate/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/Ruby
> >> RSpec.tmbundle/Support/lib/spec_mate.rb:2:in `require': No such
> >> file to load -- rubygems (LoadError) from /Users/nate/Library/
> >> Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/Ruby RSpec.tmbundle/Support/
> >> lib/spec_mate.rb:2 from /tmp/temp_textmate.UKmbLu:3:in `require'
> >> from /tmp/temp_textmate.UKmbLu:3
> >>
> >> Anyone know what the problem is?
> >
> > Yes, it cannot find RubyGems.  Did you install RSpec without using
> > gems?  I know it's doable, but I think it's pretty rare.
> >
> > James Edward Gray II

Dean Wampler
http://www.objectmentor.com
http://www.aspectprogramming.com