[TxMt] Blogging bundle: Password in keychain causes Keychain Access to crash

Daniel Vollmer maven at maven.de
Tue Nov 27 14:10:47 UTC 2007

On Nov 26, 2007, at 18:02 , Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 26 Nov 2007, at 17:25, Takashi Yoshida wrote:
>
>> Here's the output from the command:
>>
>> security find-internet-password -a tyoshida -s takashi-yoshida.com -
>> r http
>> [...]
>>   "atyp"<blob>=0x282CD191  "(,\321\221"
>> [...]
>> Hope this can help with the problem.
>
> You should file this with http://bugreport.apple.com
>
> My guess is that because of a bug in the security shell command
> (from Apple) the ‘atyp’ gets set to a random value, and it might be
> that this value is what is causing KeyChain Access to crash.

I've also had problems viewing certain keychain-items via
KeychainAccess that were created by Cyberduck (in Leopard). Here's an
excerpt from my bugreport:

When selecting any saved Internet passwords stored by CyberDuck (with
the "Summary" visible) in the (Login) Keychain with Keychain Access, I
get the following exception:
Keychain Access - Unexpected Error
An unexpected error has occurred that may cause Keychain Access to
malfunction. You may want to quit the Keychain Access application.
Error: Invalid parameter not satisfying: aString != nil
and as a consequence, the information on this item isn't displayed in
the Summary.
It seems to me this is due to the fact that the "Where" field was left
empty by CyberDuck. This does not occur when the summary is hidden.

This was filed as rdar://5563207. Does the blogging bundle leave the
"where" field empty as well?

	Daniel.