[TxMt] Blogging bundle: Password in keychain causes Keychain Access to crash

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Mon Nov 26 17:02:06 UTC 2007

On 26 Nov 2007, at 17:25, Takashi Yoshida wrote:

> Here's the output from the command:
>
> security find-internet-password -a tyoshida -s takashi-yoshida.com -
> r http
> [...]
>    "atyp"<blob>=0x282CD191  "(,\321\221"
> [...]
> Hope this can help with the problem.

You should file this with http://bugreport.apple.com

My guess is that because of a bug in the security shell command (from
Apple) the ‘atyp’ gets set to a random value, and it might be that
this value is what is causing KeyChain Access to crash.

You want to send Apple the above output (from security) and the stack
trace from KeyChain Access.

Afraid I don’t really know how you can workaround this problem. It
might be possible to remote the problematic key chain item from
AppleScript or similar, but I have no direct experience with this.