[TxMt] Subversion bundle problem

Matt Brandt mattb at walkingdog.net
Sat Nov 17 16:54:26 UTC 2007

On Nov 17, 2007, at 3:06 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 16 Nov 2007, at 16:50, Matt Brandt wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> I did the following in the checked out directory:
>>
>>   [...]
>>
>> I get a window full of apparently valid HTML. I copied it into a
>> file and opened that file in Safari and it rendered with a few
>> minor glitches. Some of the links didn't work, but I guess that's
>> to be expected since it is in a different environment than normal.
>>
>> This was with a smaller log (only 1.4MB), but I get the same result
>> when I try to do a log in TextMate. All of the other commands
>> (blame, info, etc) seem to work ok though (at least for this file).
>
> Not sure how to read that. Are you saying you are *not* seeing any
> errors?

I'm saying that doing the "svn -v --xml log" command then deeding the
output to the ruby script generates HTML and seems to work, but If I
do the svn log from inside textmate I get the error.

It seems like this is something other than the ruby xml parser. The
error:

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/
1.8/rexml/source.rb:226:in `pos': Illegal seek (Errno::ESPIPE) from /
System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/
rexml/source.rb:226:in `current_line' from /System/Library/Frameworks/
Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rexml/parseexception.rb:
44:in `line' from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/
1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rexml/parseexception.rb:28:in `to_s' from /
Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/lib/escape.rb:
30:in `htmlize' from /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/
Bundles/Subversion.tmbundle/Support/svn_helper.rb:90:in
`handle_default_exceptions' from /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/
SharedSupport/Bundles/Subversion.tmbundle/Support/format_log_xml.rb:171
REXML::ParseException

starts with a ESPIPE which, I would think,  indicates that something
is disconnecting from the other side of a pipe before the parser is
done. I don't really know enough about the flow of data here though to
debug...

Matt