[TxMt] Minor SVN bundle annoyance

Matt Brandt mattb at walkingdog.net
Fri Nov 16 16:25:45 UTC 2007

On Nov 16, 2007, at 10:16 AM, Rick DeNatale wrote:

> The other day I did an SVN commit from textmate.
>
> In the commit message window I pasted in some text I'd copied from a
> message from a client from BaseCamp.
>
> When I tried to commit, it failed complaining about mixed line endings
> (paraphrasing from memory).
>
> It seems to me that this is something that the subversion bundle
> could sanitize.
>
> I tried to figure out how to patch this, but I think that this is all
> handled within the internal CommitWindow.app which I can't (or don't
> know how to) look at.

While we a collecting minor subversion annoyances, How about scanning
the commit result message for errors and doing something visually
louder when the commit fails? If your file is out of date you get a
message that is very subdued in a window that looks pretty close to
the one you get if it succeeds. I'm thinking big flashing red letters
that says "Commit Failed", or something to that effect...

Matt