[TxMt] Can TextMate be made to emulate VIMs eol behavior

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Fri Nov 16 11:39:39 UTC 2007

On 15 Nov 2007, at 22:25, Jachin Rupe wrote:

> [...]
> Where this cases a problem is with subversion. We are starting to see
> a lot of svn diffs with:
>
> No newline at end of file

Just for the records, this is just the way that the diff format used
by svn records that the last line had no newline.

> Files are showing up as modified that, for all practical purposes,
> are not.

Well, technically the file was modified, and I assume here the problem
is for the vim users, their editor adds a newline to the file.

> [...] but Vim is the standard text editor here and all other text
> editors must conform.

If everybody must conform to “each file must have a trailing newline”
why not place this in a subversion commit hook?