[TxMt] Fwd: Latex Bundle Useability (and patch)

Guido Governatori guido at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Nov 6 19:20:30 UTC 2007

On 06/11/2007, at 10:25 PM, Jonas Müller wrote:

>> Sorry to describe the changes I made rather than giving a bunch of
>> patches but the normal bundle development model just won't work
>> for me.  I change a bunch of stuff for my personal use (like some
>> of the hacks above) so I need to keep the ~/Library/Application
>> Support/Textmate directory for my own personal modifications.  If
>> someone could tell me an easy way to produce a diff of the changes
>> I've made here with the actual bundle maybe I could be more helpful.
>>
>> Anyway thanks to the author(s) of the latex bundle for all the
>> work they've put in so far.  Hopefully this was helpful an not
>> just useless bitching.
>>
>> Peter
>
> I don't know if this has been addressed already, but I have another
> two concern since I last updated my bundles:
>
> 1) Inside a non-maths scope, adding an underscore still produces "_
> {}" rather than just "_". For example:
>
> \includegraphics[width=170mm]{./figures/tf12_resonance.PNG}
>
> adding "_" with the caret after "resonance" produces
>
> \includegraphics[width=170mm]{./figures/tf12_resonance_{}.PNG}
>
> which pdflatex doesn't seem to like very much. The same is true for
> captions, sections, subsection, ... Would it be possible to change
> the scope of the "_" command to math only?
>
> 2) A similar issue arises when I add powers in math mode using "^".
> This correctly produces "^{}" and places the caret inside the
> brackets. Pressing _any_ key now however adds another iteration of
> the command, like so: "^{^{}}". I am using a German keyboard, so to
> get a "^", I have to press the key above tab and then hit space.
> This might be related to the problem I have.

As far as I know, those snippet were not included in the LaTeX
bundle. This is why I have included two snippets for them in my
extension of the bundle (the small extension is at http://
www.governatori.net/TextMate/LaTeXExtension.tmbundle.zip)

The snippets for the two are

_{$1}$0

^{$1}$0

bound respectively to the key _ and ^ with scope

text.tex.latex string.other.math

I have no idea for the German keyboard.

All the best

Guido
--
Dr Guido Governatori
School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering