[TxMt] Caps Lock as Ctrl key doesn't work for all combos

Ed Singleton singletoned at gmail.com
Thu May 31 12:04:00 UTC 2007

On 5/30/07, Jon Larkowski <jonlarkowski at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've mapped my Caps Lock key to act as the Ctrl key (in Keyboard &
> Mouse preferences > Modifier Keys...).  Problem is, not all TextMate
> combos work with this.
>
> [Hear me now, believe me later.  I had an old Sun keyboard that was
> laid out this way, and it's the only way to fly.  Especially on the
> MacBook Pro where the normal Ctrl key is quite inconvenient to hit.]

I like the sound of this, and I'm going to try it for a while.  My
Caps Lock is currently disabled anyway (I don't think I've ever seen
anyone use caps lock except by accident). [1]

I've always wanted the caps lock to be replaced by an alternative tab,
so that you could have one tab button for the tab character and
another for moving around form items and such.

Ed

[1] Actually, I do remember once, a long time, working with someone
who used caps lock for every capital letter she wrote.  She also used
the space bar to delete things (if you select text and press the space
bar, the text goes away).  Her filenames would often have upto eight
spaces in a row in them.