[TxMt] Experimental Wiki

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu May 31 11:13:59 UTC 2007

On 30. May 2007, at 17:09, David F. Snyder wrote:

>> Could you be more specific? How does it not play nice? And what is
>> “the standard place”?
> "the standard place" is TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles.

That’s not “standard”, that’s for default bundles only.

See http://macromates.com/wiki/Troubleshooting/RevertToDefaultBundles
for a walk-through of the various locations bundles can be stored.

> When I modify default bundles, a support directory is created in my
> user
> dir, per the manual.

No, TextMate does not create any local support directory.

> It seems at some point that the environment variable
> TM_SUPPORT_PATH was getting set to $HOME/Application Support/TextMate/
> (though today I'm not able to get this behavior ... ?).

It would be $HOME/Application Support/TextMate/Support IFF (if and
only if) a) you created that folder and b) it has a ‘version’ file
with a version larger than of the default support dir.

>>> [...]
>>> It would be good to have the patch committed to the repository.
>> Sure, please attach it :)
> Done.

Ah, back when I did this bundle, JS executions did not get the TM_*
variables, that’s why I had to hardcode the path (which granted,
would not work for all users).

I’ve updated the script.