[TxMt] RubyCocoa Bundle - Sending application's output to HTML

jeanpierre at gmail.com jeanpierre at gmail.com
Thu May 31 04:19:04 UTC 2007

On 5/30/07, Benjamin Jackson <ben at incomumdesign.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm currently working on the beginnings of of RubyCocoa Bundle, and
> trying to do something similar to the "Build and Run" script from the
> XCode Bundle:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> echo "<html><body>"
> cd $TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY && rake
> MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/MyApp
> echo "</body></html>"
>
> I've gotten to the point where I can run MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/
> MyApp and get the output, but only after the program has terminated.
> I know there's some way to get my traces to output while I'm running
> the program, but not sure how. Any pointers? Thanks,

are you trying to launch rubycocoa applications and display output or are
you trying to run a rubycocoa application within the textmate process?

if the former, does the xcode bundle not work? i thought it just used the
xcodebuild tool which should works for rubycocoa applications as well.

if the latter, i think you'll need to initialize rubycocoa from within
textmate and also load/run rubycocoa scripts inside textmate (otherwise you
won't be able to interact with the window server). i wrote a plugin to do
this (i wanted to write a bundle which could offer commands that made use of
rubycocoa) but stalled at the point of creating a RubyCocoaMate or tweaked
RubyMate to handle and present output.

cheers,
jean-pierre