[TxMt] Release notes and diff - how to distinguish .txt files?

Steve King steve at narbat.com
Tue May 29 15:13:29 UTC 2007

On Sat, 26 May 2007, Rafał Komorowski wrote:

> I have a changelog.txt file in my Rails project, that describes changes made
> in svn-commits. This file should be viewed as "Release Notes" file-type (then
> it's properly colored etc.). But it is in conflict with the Subversion-bundle
> (or Diff-bundle?), because temporaty diff-files generated by TextMate (when
> using Subversion-bundle) have now a .txt extension too, not .diff, as it used
> to have.

You could try the TabMate plugin. It's not a proper fix, but it might be a
viable work-around for you.  TabMate reads a special modeline (à la Emacs)
from the first line of the file. This modeline can specify the file type,
tab width, and hard or soft tabs on a file-by-file basis.  So, if you have
different types of text files all ending in ".txt", you can use the
modeline to specify "diff" or "Release Notes" or whatever.

--
Steve King, <steve at narbat.com>