[TxMt] Release notes and diff - how to distinguish .txt files?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun May 27 19:14:28 UTC 2007

On 26. May 2007, at 21:32, Rafał Komorowski wrote:

>> I assume this is when invoking diff from the commit or status
>> window? The rest of the diff actions should AFAIK be fine. But
>> those two should have the used extension changed.
> It seems you're right. When I select: Bundle → Subversion →
> Diff → Diff with Working Copy then I get "untitled" text-window
> properly set to "Diff" (and properly colored, of course).
>
> I tried again to look into the guts of Subversion.tmbundle, to find
> the place where the temporary files are generated, but I can't find
> this. Too weak textmater I am...

Both the commit window and the status window use “mate” to send
text to TextMate, and does so by piping the text to mate’s standard
input.

Presently this results in a temporary file with a ‘.txt’ extension
-- so to make a fix now, you’d have to change these two commands to
create their own temporary file with a ‘.diff’ extension. The
current temporary file though is just an implementation detail I’d
like to get rid of in the future.