[TxMt] CR/LF Line endings

Nick Forge nick.forge at gmail.com
Tue May 15 15:15:00 UTC 2007

I have noticed that if I set Line Endings to "CRLF (Windows)" (when
collaborating with windows people), line endings are correctly
translated to windows style. I forgot to set Textmate back to Unix
standard (LF), opened a text file, and when I next saved it it had
CLRF line endings. When I changed Textmate back to LF mode, the line
endings stayed as CRLF. Even if I delete then re-do all the
linebreaks, they are still CLRF. I need to get this sorted right
away, so I have used Fink to install dosunix to convert these
"CRLFed" documents.

Is this a bug in TextMate? It would be nice if there was some way to
set the line endings by file, rather than having an app wide setting.
Also, it would be great if this could be put in a bundle (LF->CRLF
and vice-versa).

Thanks,
Nick Forge