[TxMt] Re: LaTeX Bundle: Typeset & View: Don't close on warnings

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sun May 13 15:51:51 UTC 2007

On May 13, 2007, at 11:23 AM, Bastian Philipps wrote:
> Simon Ruderich <simon at ...> writes:
>> Florian Gilcher wrote:
>>> i have a small problem with the Latex Bundle. When using Typset &
>>> View
>>> the popup window immediately closes after compile, if no error is
>>> thrown. If a warning is displayed, you can only see that there are
>>> warnings happening, but not where and why. Is there a possibility to
>>> have the windows stay on screen in that case?
>>
>> You can set TM_LATEX_ERRLVL = 0 in the "Shell Variables" tab of the
>> preferences. This works for me.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>> Simon
>> --
>
> Sadly setting TM_LATEX_ERRLVL = 0 in the preferences does not work
> for me.
> Looks to me that's related to the default options in the bundle
> command:
>    # default option.
>    V=${TM_LATEX_VIEWER:-html}
>    EL=${TM_LATEX_ERRLVL:-1}
>    M=${TM_LATEX_MASTER:-$TM_FILEPATH}
>    DIR=`dirname "$M"`

No this part of the code is just fine, it basically sets EL to 1 if
it is not already set. There was an error much further down, when an
$RC <= $EL should nave been $RC < $EL. I just committed a fix. Now
setting TM_LATEX_ERRLVL to 0 should always leave the window open,
setting it to 1 should only leave the window open if there are at
least warnings, and setting it to 2 should only leave the window open
if there are errors.

> Is there any other way to keep the console open except editing the
> bundle
> command, as I do not want to mess with standard stuff and get
> problems in case
> of TM or bundle updates.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help in advance
> Greetz