[TxMt] Symbol window on 2nd screen

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri May 11 09:11:06 UTC 2007

On 10. May 2007, at 16:06, Jasper van der Meulen wrote:

> I'm every so often on another location where i work on two screen's.
> The only thing i always need to adjust once is to drag the symbol
> window to the screen where the main textmate window is.\
> Is there a config thing i can set, or is it a feature for TM2 ?
>
> ps: the other windows (goto file, bundle editor, etc) also come in
> the wrong screen

So all these windows open on the screen which does *not* have the
currently active window?

They should, by default, open at the screen with the active window.
But they will also remember window position.

Is your setup that you have a laptop, and often work on just this
laptop, then sometimes, you connect a secondary screen, drag the
TextMate window to the secondary screen, and now need to do the same
for all the other windows? If so, it is likely because they remember
their position, and re-use them.

Maybe this can be fixed by going to the system preferences and
configure the external screen to be the “main” screen (i.e. have the
origin of the coordinate system), when connected.