[TxMt] Open multiple files in Tabs?

David Reuss david at upsys.dk
Tue May 8 18:16:11 UTC 2007

TextMate doesn't work well for projects on a remote machine, but with
that said. I *really* also want the ability to open several files in
a tabs, so i can retain all opened files to one window, but that
can't easily be achieved as it is now - you have to create an empty
project and then manually add files to the project and that's in my
opinion a horrible workflow, as you have to remember to create a
project..

It would be insanely great if you could just add a "tab" when doing
"mate <filename>" and you have one file already open .. I don't care
about the polling on the file (checking if anything has changed),
when changing focus, and all the other neat stuff. I just want to be
able to have multiple files open in one single window, with the apple-
T command available for searching through open files, as exposé
really doesn't do it for me when having 5-10 multiple files open at
once...

But as it seems, this won't be how things work, until hopefully 2.0
handles directory structures on remote filesystems a whole lot better
than TM does today.

-david