[TxMt] LaTeX bundle and the exam package

David F. Snyder dsnyder at txstate.edu
Thu May 3 15:08:35 UTC 2007

On 5/2/07 7:49 AM, "Charilaos Skiadas" <skiadas at hanover.edu> wrote:

> On May 1, 2007, at 3:22 AM, David F. Snyder wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am hoping someone has solved this problem.
>>
>> I use latekmk.pl script as $TM_TEX_COMPILER to compile my LaTeX
>> documents
>> from within Textmate and it works wonderfully on every document
>> I've made,
>> except for any document that uses the exam package.
>>
>> The problem is small: I must execute cmd-R twice to get it to
>> compile the
>> number of points correctly. This is only a problem within Textmate;
>> if I run
>> the script from the command line it works perfectly. And while it
>> is a small
>> problem it is vexing, since latexmk.pl was made specifically to
>> deal with
>> the need to run LaTeX etc. multiple times.
>>
> I wonder, whether the latexmk.pl script that runs from the command
> line is the same as the one that runs from within TM. I think TM will
> run its own version of latexmk.pl, which I updated recently. But
> perhaps you have another latexmk.pl? When you use latexmk.pl from the
> command line, how do you invoke it, and what is the value, if any,
> returned by "which latexmk.pl"?

The only version of latexmk.pl installed is in the LaTeX bundle's
subdirectory ./Support/bin/
I update my bundle packages automatically using the GetBundle bundle. I
manually updated just in case, the same problem persists.

To run it from the command line, I actually just pasted the absolute path
into the command line. So the command looks like:

perl -pdf
/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Sup
port/bin/latexmk.pl myfile.tex

Yesterday my final exam required three cmd-R's to generate the grading
table. Perhaps I need to up the upperbound of compiles allowed as the
default in latexmk.pl? Or perhaps the script doesn't use pdflatex, which is
what the -pdf flag does for latexmk.pl
>> My guess is that there is a bug in either cmd-R  (though I can't
>> find one)
>> or somewhere in the bowels of Textmate.
>>
>> Seeing as how I used this package frequently, almost daily, I'm
>> guessing
>> that this need to cmd-R twice will cost me about an hour and a half
>> of my
>> life in the coming year.
>>
>> Best wishes
>> ----
>> David
>
> Haris Skiadas
> Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
> Hanover College

Best wishes
----

David F. Snyder, Ph. D.