[TxMt] Documentation broken for Ruby in latest build

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue May 1 09:58:03 UTC 2007

On 1. May 2007, at 11:48, Dave Baldwin wrote:

> I don't think I was clear enough - $HOME is set up correctly
> already when I check in both shells (tsh is the one I normally use,
> but I think TM used bash when running shell commands).

HOME is not setup by bash but inherited from the parent process.

Try type env⌃R in TextMate and see if you have HOME, USER, and
LOGNAME set.

You could likely quit TextMate and start it from your terminal (where
you have HOME) calling TextMate.app/Contents/MacOS/TextMate directly
(i.e. not using ‘open’, as then it would be launch services/the
WindowServer process which starts it, and it then inherits the
environment from that process, which is likely the process that
somehow managed to un-associate itself with USER etc.).