[TxMt] Steps for creating a new bundle based on another bundle...

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sat Mar 31 01:10:06 UTC 2007

On Mar 30, 2007, at 1:27 PM, Ron Patterson wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm fairly new to TextMate and this list has been quite helpful.
> Hopefully we'll be receiving my copy of the TextMate book today.
> Thanks James!
>
> I do a fair amount of writing in both DokuWiki and WikkaWiki. The
> DokuWiki bundle is quite handy but I would also like to use it as a
> basis for a WikkaWiki (WikiEdit) bundle. There not major
> differences but both syntaxes would be nice. I couldn't quite make
> out in the manual the best way to go about this. I can make a copy
> of the bundle package but then what?

Actually I don't see why you would need to make a copy of the bundle
package. I guess it's a question of what changes/items you want to
implement. For instance is the WikkaWiki language a full extension of
the DokuWiki one? If so, then the grammar for it should simply
include the DokuWiki grammar with an "include" directive (Read the
language grammars section of the manual).

Now we move to the commands. If you chose the name for your grammar
properly, then you can get for free all the DokuWiki commands, and
hopefully they should still work.

Well, your question is very general so I could go on and on but it
would help if we know exactly what changes you have in mind, and then
we can advice about it. Before doing so though, make sure you've read
the textmate manual sections on bundle items. Then give us more details.

> Thanks in advance for any help,
> Ron

> * Ron Patterson,           Email: rpatter at asd20.org   *
> * Web Services,                 Phone: 719.234.1707   *
> * Academy School District 20,     FAX: 719.234.1706   *
> *             Web Site: http://www.asd20.org          *

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College