[TxMt] keep it in iso-8859-1

Danny Krøger danny at kroeger.dk
Fri Mar 30 11:59:16 UTC 2007

Hi.

I'm having some problems with textmate jumping in the encoding. I
have e.g. a website which is saved in iso-8859-1 and correctly opened
in the same format.
I then have some text from a word file that i copy. This text is in
danish, so it have some of the danish letters (æøå).
When I paste this into the before mentioned document in Textmate, the
whole document changes to UTF-8. Because of this when I save it and
upload it, all the dansih letters becomes garbage text (because it
tries to open it as a iso-8859-1 as I have specified).
The same thing happens in Textmate if i try reopen it as iso-8859-1

But is there any reason for Textmate to change the encoding of the
document just because I paste some text, and can I avoid it ?

Regards
Danny Krøger