[TxMt] Editor problems with file opened in two windows

Ed Wong wonge at rogers.com
Wed Mar 28 16:48:56 UTC 2007

I've encounter a couple of problems when I work with a file that's opened in
two separate windows.

First if I select and copy text in one window and past it into the second
window, when I return to the first window the selection doesn't disappear
when I click somewhere else on the page. I need to cursor over the selection
to force a redraw to remove the selection appearance.

Second when I perform any sort of editing on one window and Command+` to the
second window (and before using the mouse to click on the second window's
edit area) the insertion point is moved to the top of the page so that any
subsequent keyboard activity results in the page redrawing at the top of
page. I then have to relocate the line that I was originally at.

This makes any sort of editing between two views of the same file using a
keyboard a pretty frustration experience.

I'm not going to mention a request for a split window as I think that one's
been requested enough in the past. ;-)

Thanks,
Ed