[TxMt] New: insert Excel table as LaTeX table. (big time saver)

Alex Mason axman6 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 15:01:49 UTC 2007

Hi all.

I've just finished the 0.1 release of a command I've been working on
tonight, based on Tom Counsell's (http://tom.counsell.org/view/
ExcelToLatexTableConvertor) excel2latex, that will take an excel
table from clipboard (copy from excel. doesn't work for selected text
yet.) and run by typing excel[tab] (excel⇥').
It requires that the longtable package is included, but if you're
working with tables, you'll probably want that anyway. This isn't
perfect, you'll probably want to change the '\begin{longtable}{c c c
c c c }' to format the rows how you like, but it seems to work for me.

let me know what you think. I know this saves me a lot of time, so I
hope it will for you too.