[TxMt] Coloured quoted text in mail

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Mon Mar 19 16:12:56 UTC 2007

On Mar 19, 2007, at 11:42 AM, Dave Baldwin wrote:

> I have just tried enabling using Textmate from Apple's Mail
> application to get better text editing.  Works fine, but one thing
> I miss from Mail is that text at different quote levels is coloured
> differently.  This would seem a simple enough thing to do (I would
> have to do a bit of reading up though), but has anyone already done
> this?

quote level one text has a scope selector of "markup.quote.markdown",
while quote level two has scope selector "markup.quote.markdown
markup.quote.markdown" and so on (i.e. 3 of those for level 3 etc).
So you can target those scope selectors in your theme, and you'll get
the desired coloring.

Put "text.mail" in front if you only want this to happen in mail, and
not in markdown as well.

> Dave.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College