[TxMt] TextMate & LaTeX via MacPorts

Christopher W. MacMinn cmac at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 16 22:41:53 UTC 2007

Answers to your questions are below -- thanks for you help, I really
appreciate it!

Best
- Chris

> So let's try and diagnose where your problems are. What do you get
> if you run the "Execute Selection As Ruby" command with the
> following two lines selected?
>
> puts `which kpsewhich`
> puts `. /etc/profile; which kpsewhich`

RubyMate r6354 running Ruby r1.8.2 (/usr/bin/ruby)
 >>> untitled

/opt/local/bin/kpsewhich
no kpsewhich in /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin

> Then, what do you get if you run the following line in the terminal:
> which kpsewhich

/opt/local/bin/kpsewhich

> Finally, what is the value of the variable $PATH when you do "echo
> $PATH" in the terminal?

/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin