[TxMt] textmate project pane strangeness

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Thu Mar 15 00:01:13 UTC 2007

Have you read this:
http://macromates.com/wiki/Main/FAQ

search in the page for "remote".

If you are editing more than just one remote file, you are better off
not using the "Edit with..." thing. That page has some suggestions on
workaround. May or may not be helpful.

Since I personally don't work with remote files the way you do, and
don't keep them open long even when I do, I haven't encountered these
problems.
On Mar 14, 2007, at 6:54 PM, Alan Watts wrote:

> hi all,
>
> I am a longtime bbedit user but someone said I should check
> textmate out.  I like it so far but I have encountered some weird
> and frustrating behavior while using the project file pane while
> editing text files loaded through transmit's 'edit with...' over sftp:
>
> 	- sometimes when files open up through transmit and then I drag
> them to the project pane, they're blank.  I'll repeat the same
> process and then they show up fine.
> 	- sometimes after working on a file for awhile, the filename turns
> red, which I'm assuming means the link has died and I can't open
> them up anymore.  I can toggle back to the tab if it's still open
> and see the file, but it won't save any changes at that point.
> This is the most frustrating because I have set up 100+ html/php/js/
> css files and then they break.
>
> Anyone have similar problems?
>
> I'm running 10.4.8 on an intel macbook.
>
> thanks!