[TxMt] noob question: saving as projects

David Rogers davidrogers at telus.net
Tue Mar 13 21:22:23 UTC 2007

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:46:40 -0500, Laudun John wrote:

> Forgive this really bone-headed question, but when I go to save a
> collection of files as a project -- and I have created them within
> the project using CMD + Shift + N -- both a project file is saved as
> well as the individual files. In other words, the individual files
> appear in the finder. Now, if the groupings were also being saved as
> folders/directories, it might be okay -- this is what happens when
> drags a collection of folders and files to Textmate. I thought the
> save as project feature produced a package of some kind? I don't see
> a preference I could have changed, so I'm wondering what's going on.

This way, if you have several files that must live at different locations for some reason, but you want quick access to them all at once, you can use a project to do so. In other words, a TextMate project is only an easy access point for some regular files.

If you don't like the clutter of having the individual files lying around, you can make a new folder in the Finder, call it Project Files or something, and save all of the individual files in there. The project itself, which you want to see, can be outside the Project Files folder where it's easier to find.

That's only one possible way - it doesn't matter.

David