[TxMt] Insert File/Path names + open a file without using a GUI

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Mon Mar 12 08:49:36 UTC 2007

On 12 Mar 2007, at 01:43, Charley Tiggs wrote:

> Hans,
>
> I think misunderstood the example So I'm going to try again.
>
> Given your project example below, let's say I want to create a
> hyperlink in a.html to the file '/images/1.jpg'.  I would not want
> '/usr/local/src/web' as part of the input.
OK I see.

> Given your project example below, when I enter '=/i' and hit CTRL
> +TAB, given that the $TM_PROJECT_PATH is known, and given that I'm
> creating a link within html, shouldn't the insertion only be '/
> images'?

Please forgive me if I'm totally wrong. If I want to insert a
hyperlink in 'a.html' to '/images/1.jpg' then I would write
href="../../images/1.jpg" because my current document's path is the
starting point of the file hierarchy. And this is supported.

If you want to that as default, meaning press only CTRL+TAB will show
you the content of $TM_PROJECT_PATH instead of $TM_DIRECTORY, well
this could be done by using a kind of mode switch (maybe as user-
defined TM variable).

> I think I'll try modifying the command myself to see if I can
> accomplish this. As the tool stands, it's extremely useful.  Thanks
> for an awesome beginning!

Best, Hans