[TxMt] Improvements for Bulletin Board Bundle

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Mar 11 00:55:10 UTC 2007

On 10. Mar 2007, at 14:42, Zettt wrote:

> As some developer ;) told me i can improve the BB-Bundle by myself.
> I have
> done that!
> How can i contribute now?

Submit a patch to either me or Jacob Rus (or send it here, or join
##textmate on Freenode and talk with either of us).

> The way it is mentioned on this page:
> http://macromates.com/wiki/Bundles/HowToContribute
> doesnt work.
> When i am svn co it copies me the Bundle to the Library but when i
> double-click it TextMate opens with the Project View and in the
> sidebar i
> have the folders "Snippets" "Commands" and so on  o_O
> What's wrong there?

So you checked out the bundle to ~/Library, did you reload bundles
(or relaunch TM)? if so, does the BBCode bundle show up?

> Here are my improvements (so far):
> 1. Wrap selection as Link vBulleting & phpBB - takes the adress
> from the
> pasteboard and places it where it should be. (Taken from the HTML or
> Markdown Bundle don't know exactly anymore)

We’re going to move that to using a template, see [1] (but of course
the command is fine until we do)

[1] http://lists.macromates.com/pipermail/textmate/2007-March/
017841.html

> 2. Wrap selection as Code Block
> 3. Wrap selection as Quote - takes the whole text from pasteboard and
> inserts it. It asks to enter the quoted Username, too.
> 4. Indent > - lets you make an indented text (don't know if that
> works in
> phpBB - not tested yet)

Is indent conceptually the same as quoted?

> 5. Strikout - erm strikes the text out
>
> TODO:
> 1. Outdent < - i haven't figured out yet how to find last occurence of
> [INDENT] within some indents, delete it, let the text untouched and
> delete
> the next [/INDENT]. I was thinking about using some kind of regular
> expression, but since a i didn't know of RegEx before 3 weeks or so
> i am
> very new to this. ;)

If the grammar marks up [INDENT]…[/INDENT] we can make the command
get current scope as stdin and then do the regexp to strip one set of
tags -- but we can sort this out later.