[TxMt] slow latex compilation

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Fri Mar 9 15:11:54 UTC 2007

On Mar 9, 2007, at 10:02 AM, Christof Janssen wrote:
>> Actually your problem is the other way around, it is textmate that
>> is NOT executing pdfetex, at least doesn't seem to, which is what
>> is puzzling me. So if you change the call that TeXShop makes and
>> have it use gwTeX instead, do you then get the same log files?
>
> Issuing the commands in a terminal, yes, I can always reproduce the
> error logs. The same occurs when I change the path in the Texshop
> preferences. pdflatex in the gwTeX tree always calls the pdftex
> engine rather than pdfetex and pdflatex in the tetex tree calls
> pdfetex.

Ok, it sounds like your problem is with gwtex then, you might want to
take the discussion over to the "tex on macosx" mailing list.

If you want to be using the tetex you have installed instead, you'll
want to use the switcher application that I think comes with the
mactex install, so that it points back to your tetex install.

The difference basically is that TeXShop expects you to hardcode the
paths to the executable (actually not anymore, i.e. downloading a new
version of texshop should fix this, you might have to clear the
preferences file though. Or you can change the paths yourself so that
they point to /usr/texbin.

TextMate on the other hand uses whatever system the shell is set up
to use. And so that would be whatever the switcher application sets
it to be.

> Here the preamble:
>
> \documentclass[cjanssenlpmaa,backaddress=false]{scrlttr2}
>
> \usepackage{graphicx}
> \usepackage{epstopdf}
> \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
> \usepackage{pdfsync}