[TxMt] Feature Request: Filename tooltip

Steve Lianoglou lists at arachnedesign.net
Thu Mar 8 02:23:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

> when I'm working with a project drawer and the file names are long,
> they get compressed to something like Exam...er.js.  It would be
> really helpful if there was a way to quickly see the full
> filename.  My suggestion is a tooltip.  I have instances where i
> have several files with the same few beginning and end characters
> and I end up opening many of them to find the correct one.

I made a custom command to deal with this. It both shows the absolute
path to the current file I'm working on as a tooltip and copies this
path to the clipboard (handy if I want to do something to it quickly
via the terminal).

Details for Command "Copy / Show File Path":

Save: Nothing

Command(s):
echo "$TM_FILEPATH" | pbcopy
echo "$TM_FILEPATH"

Input: None
Output Show as Tool Tip

Bind to your favorite key combo, for some reason I picked Cmd-Shift-C

Hope that helps,

-steve