[TxMt] My Textmate's Run Script commands broken by Apple security patch?

Cassio Pennachin pennachin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 21:05:24 UTC 2007

Robin,

On 6/14/07, Robin Houston <robin.houston at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/14/07, Cassio Pennachin <pennachin at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've no idea why I got this weird output (it works fine in tcsh and bash
> > outside TM), so I just commented out the line in the ruby bundle that
> > depended on `which`:
>

> Do you have a .cshrc file? If you rename it so csh can't find it, does the
> problem go away?

I do, and if I rename it the problem goes away.  However, having tcsh find
my .tcshrc file is highly desirable to me ;-).

(The which command is a csh script, bizarrely. I would think it better to
> use the bash builtin "type -p ruby" in a bash script, rather than forking a
> different shell just to locate the ruby interpreter.)

Fascinating! I've been using tcsh (although I don't know anything about
shell scripting per se) for 14 years and didn't know about that.  Replacing:

export TM_RUBY=$(which "${TM_RUBY:-ruby}")

with

export TM_RUBY=$(type -p "${TM_RUBY:-ruby}")

in the "Run" command works.

Thanks a bunch!

Cassio