[TxMt] Textmate for remote files

Graham Ashton graham.ashton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 10:09:28 UTC 2007

On 28/05/07, Knut Ivar Nesheim <knutin at urtete.com> wrote:

> I used TextMate over nfs and everytime TextMate gets focus it will
> search through your project for changes made by other programs.

As Allan has stated elsewhere in this thread, you don't get the large
delays if you add files/folders to a blank project by dragging them
from the Finder to the TextMate project drawer.

Since I switched to using this kind of project I've found it
emminently usable; I only notice I'm editing remote files when my NFS
mount disappears (as it tends to do every other week or so).

> It's great! :-)

It really is great, and didn't take very long to setup (but my NFS
server is local, which no doubt helps). I use it with a 40MB project,
but have only bothered to import bits of code that I work on so that
"Find in Project..." works at a reasonable speed.

Graham