[TxMt] "Unbinding" a menu command in TextMate

Kenneth McDonald kenneth.m.mcdonald at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 31 18:22:30 UTC 2007

> Ale's method was using the system keyboard mapping to rebind to items
> in the menu. But in TextMate specifically, if you create a keybinding
> in the bundle editor, it will override the bindings in the menus, so
> you can use this method to override with a new action, or neuter a
> keybinding as shown above.

Unfortunately, what I actually did was rebind (in OS X in general, using
KBE) ^j => move left one character. So it wasn't a bundle binding
problem, but rather the fact that TM was using a binding I wanted to be
more general. (In general, I bound  ^j, ^k, ^l, , ^; to char left, line
down, line up, char right.)
> Also, you can type ñ with this sequence: Option-n, n
There's approximately 0% chance I'll remember that, but I do appreciate
the info. Gawd, I wish I knew some languages other than English.