[TxMt] Re: textmate Digest, Vol 28, Issue 39

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Sat Jan 13 13:44:36 UTC 2007

Zeitler Andreas wrote:
> Yes it does work very well. I was just thinking that it would be
> something cool if the Bundle could handle these things. So that editing
> is a little more comfortable.

Hmm, well you'll have to explain what you mean.  There's no way that the
bundle can really fetch posts from a BB, etc.  The best way to use the
BBCode bundle is--assuming you use a webkit-based browser like Safari,
OmniWeb, etc.--to make a new post in your browser, and then use the edit
in textmate input manager to get the text into TextMate.  Then when you
save the textmate window, it will put the updated text back into your
browser.  If you use firefox, i think some sort of external editor
support is achievable, but I don't know how.  If you use Opera or
Camino, I think you're out of luck for now (though I could be wrong
about Opera).

Hope this helps,
Jacob