[TxMt] Re: Cocoa Autocomplete

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 10 19:31:39 UTC 2007

Sam Halliday wrote:
> I have done this and restarted TextMate, but the binding is not doing
> anything and now ESC doesn't autocomplete! Attached is my
> Keybindings.dict. If somebody could have look at this at let me know
> what is going on, that would be appreciated.

With such a short KeyBindings.dict, you could have just inlined it:

     {"^/" = "nextCompletion:"; }

Anyway, that should work fine, so that it doesn't implies that something
is indeed up; I thought it would first source the file inside the app
bundle, and then overwrite those bindings with anything found in
~/Library, but it might just ignore the file in the app bundle whenever
one exists in ~/Library

To but to be sure, you could just duplicate the file in the resources
folder and then modify it as desired.  That's what I do, and I don't
have any problems with it

> Is there a list of all the symbols available in TextMate? Specifically
> I'd like to bind ctrl-up/ctrl-down to navigate up/down a paragraph and
> apple-(< or >) to navigate to beginning/end of file.

You can't use the ⌘ key inside any key bindings that don't involve the
arrow keys and maybe a couple other things.  But you can definitely make
a TextMate macro which does this.  So it's not going to work in other
apps, but in TextMate it should be fine.  And for moving up/down a
paragraph, you'll have to clarify what you mean.  Is a line a paragraph,
or a group of lines with content separated by double newlines?  If the
latter, you could do something like a macro for a forwards regular
expression search for two blank lines and then move backwards, or similar.

-Jacob