[TxMt] Re: Cocoa Autocomplete

Sam Halliday sam.halliday at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 10:39:13 UTC 2007

Hello,

On 10 Jan 2007, at 02:25, Jacob Rus wrote:
> Sam Halliday wrote:
>> I noticed that the Cocoa autocomplete word (ESC in Tiger) works in
>> TextMate. Using ~/Library/KeyBindings/DefaultKeyBinding.dict I
>> have set ^/ to also do autocomplete in Cocoa apps. I've been using
>> this keybinding for a long time now, but I'm new to TextMate
>> (bought license today).
>> Unfortunately, this user set binding does not work in TextMate
>> although it does work in other Cocoa apps such as TextEdit. Does
>> anyone know why this might be the case and any hints to fix it?
>
> The relevant selectors that TextMate uses are `nextCompletion` and
> `previousCompletion`, so you'll need to make a textmate-specific
> bindings file, and put it in `~/Library/Application Support/
> Textmate/KeyBindings.dict`

I have done this and restarted TextMate, but the binding is not doing
anything and now ESC doesn't autocomplete! Attached is my
Keybindings.dict. If somebody could have look at this at let me know
what is going on, that would be appreciated.

Question: does TextMate use this instead of the one in its Resources
folder, or does it merge them?

Is there a list of all the symbols available in TextMate?
Specifically I'd like to bind ctrl-up/ctrl-down to navigate up/down a
paragraph and apple-(< or >) to navigate to beginning/end of file.