[TxMt] Python 2.4.3 - PyMate r5848 pickle problem

Nigel King nigel at nigelking.me.uk
Fri Jan 5 08:21:31 UTC 2007

Dear group,
Thanks for your excellent PyMate. Unfortunately I have started using
shelve to save intermediate results and have found a bug. Try the
following simplest script. (which uses the underlying problem pickle)

Please can somebody check that the error below occurs on the minimum
script that I have. I have copied the PyMate output below. I
particularly want to know if I have corrupted my python bundle in
some way.

This script runs without error when using the normal textmate command
=============
import pickle

class testobject(object):
     pass

pickle.dumps(testobject())
=============

HIDE STDERR SHOW STDERR
Python 2.4.3 - PyMate r5848

For comments contact the author.
The regular Python interpreter can be invoked using ⌘⇧R.

 >>> shelvetest.py

forcing redraw!!! don't remove
PicklingError: ("Can't pickle : it's not found as __main__.testobject",)
Traceback:
function module body
in shelvetest.py at line 6
function dumps ⎋