[TxMt] Run Script (PyMate) Bug in TextMate Version 1.5.4 (1360) [2007-02-13: REVISION 1360]

Harold Walter Schranz Harold.Schranz at anu.edu.au
Fri Feb 16 13:05:22 UTC 2007

> Harold,
>
> Can you post the specific error you are encountering?  Do you scripts
> not run at all?  Can you post a minimal example script that isn't
> working?
>
> I am able to execute the following script without any problems using
> the latest PyMate:
>
> #!/usr/bin/python
> x = input("Foo:")
> print x

For example, if I put your script above in a file called test_input.py

1. It will run successfully over the terminal (directly and via the
Run Script (Terminal) command).

2. However, if I use the Run Script (PyMate) command (based on
pymate.rb) I get the following lines printed:

PyMate r6190 running Python 2.3.5 (/usr/bin/python)
 >>> test_input.py

and no dialog window for input, the task keeps running ... a ruby and
python process hang around ... until I interrupt it.

3. If I use the previous version of PyMate based on pymate.py I get
an input dialog and successful completion of the script.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.4.8 on a MacBookPro (Intel Core 2 Duo)	2.33
GHz with 2GB RAM and 4MB L2 Cache (per processor).

Assuming ruby from /usr/bin/ruby is being used that is  ruby 1.8.2
(2004-12-25) [universal-darwin8.0] as indicated by the ps line:
  /usr/bin/ruby -- /Users/harry/Library/Application Support/TextMate/
Pristine Copy/Bundles/Python.tmbundle/Support/PyMate/pymate.rb

If I use python 2.5 (installed in  /usr/local/bin/python), same deal ...

Any suggestions?

Harry.