[TxMt] Re: discontinuous selection?

Juan juanfc at lcc.uma.es
Mon Feb 12 02:36:35 UTC 2007

El 12/02/2007, a las 1:24, Jacob Rus escribió:

>> I am used to write things like x^2 pressing x and then ^ (a dead-key
>> in spanish keyboard) and then just 2.  It has been working not only
>> in all the Cocoa appls but also in the old classic ones, why doesn't
>> work in TM?  (you need to press x ^ space and then 2)
>
> I think you want to use the actual "^" caret key rather than the
> little
> circumflex accent which is likely on your dead key (at least it is
> on opt-i on
> US keymaps).  I've never seen anyone use the circumflex accent to
> represent
> superscripts/exponents.

	Of course Jakob, I am writing LaTeX, and the simple thing I want is

		y = x^2

in Mail I just write:

	y = x^2

(since the dead-key doesn't find any char 2 with circunflex and then
understands that I want the caret char and then the 2 char)

in TM

	y = x^[space]2

(if I press x^2  TM forgets the ^ and left me there  x2)