[TxMt] Snippet Overtype

Craig Francis craig.francis at europe.mccann.com
Wed Feb 7 14:41:42 UTC 2007

On 7 Feb 2007, at 14:19, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> It would definitely be easy to write a TextMate command utilizing a
> ruby script or whatnot, that goes through the entire file and
> adjusts things like that. So you would have to invoke the command
> whenever you want things fixed. It would take as input the
> "selection or document", and output to replace selected text (or we
> can even use insert as snippet if you want the caret position
> preserved). Would something like that that be helpful for your
> problem?

To be fair, its not a major problem... holding down the [delete] key
works fine - been using that for years.

However, it would be nice to have a string of 50 spaces (between the
comment marks), then as you type, it replaces them, keeping the
character count to 50... if it could be done, then it opens a few
more possible snippets I would like to try.

One alternative is to just remember to flip into "Edit > Mode >
Overwrite Mode".

Thanks for the replies so far... and sorry about the stuff which will
follow this.

Craig

This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged.Unless you
are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this message for the intended
recipient), you may not use, copy, disseminate or disclose to anyone the message or
any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message.
Thank you very much.
(A)