[TxMt] Snippet Overtype

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Wed Feb 7 14:19:54 UTC 2007

On Feb 7, 2007, at 8:27 AM, Craig Francis wrote:

> Thanks Nico,
>
> Unfortunately I cannot remove that copyright rubbish... its forced
> on by the mail server.
>
> As to the comments though, I have been using this style for about 5
> years now, and I don't really want to change it, mostly because I
> use it for as an anchor when navigating the CSS - and its good for
> checking when someone else has been editing my files.
>
> I would be great if there was a solution, but if not, thanks anyway
> Nico.

In TextMate there is almost always a solution, but occasionally you
have to alter the question slightly ;)

It would definitely be easy to write a TextMate command utilizing a
ruby script or whatnot, that goes through the entire file and adjusts
things like that. So you would have to invoke the command whenever
you want things fixed. It would take as input the "selection or
document", and output to replace selected text (or we can even use
insert as snippet if you want the caret position preserved). Would
something like that that be helpful for your problem?

> Craig

Haris