[TxMt] Open Document(s) in Running Browser - Does Nothing

Roger Roelofs roger.roelofs at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 15:56:25 UTC 2007

Chip,

On Feb 3, 2007, at 11:23 AM, Chip Cullen wrote:

> I'm a new textmate user- my intention is to use it for web
> development. one of the most useful bundle commands, obviously, would
> be the "open document in running browsers".
>
> however, when i run that command, absolutely nothing happens. textmate
> just sits there, staring at me.
>
> am i missing something? to me, it would seem that if i'm working on an
> html document, if i were to run that command, it would have safari
> (which is already running) open the document to show me what it would
> look like. same goes for firefox or IE (shudder).

I've only lurked on the list so far, and I'm not a Textmate expert,
but I do know how to read code...

If you use the bundle editor to look at the command, you will see
that the command uses applescript to get a list of running
applications.  Then it tries to match against this list of names
(Webkit, Safari, Shiira, Firefox, Internet Explorer, OmniWeb, Camino
and Xyle scope).  In the case of Firefox, the internal app name is
'firefox-bin' which doesn't match the name the script is looking for
if the match is case sensitive.  Also, in firefox's case it tells the
app to add a tab to window 1 to show the url in.  If there is no open
window, this will fail.

This brings me to my newbie question.  What is the best method for
submitting suggested patches to bundles?

--
Roger Roelofs
"Remember, if you’re headed in the wrong direction,