[TxMt] Python Import

Alex Ross alex.j.ross at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 01:08:51 UTC 2007

> This is probably some stupid mistake on my part, but I'm having
> problems with importing the objc package in Python. When I try to
> import it, I get the following error:
>
>     ImportError: No module named objc
>
> What's strange, is I can import objc from a terminal window, without
> any problems. I made sure that Textmate is running the same install
> of python, so that's not the problem. All other packages I've tried
> import without problems.
>
> In case you're interested, I'm running Python 2.5.1 (default Leopard
> install) with Textmate build 1436.

Tony,

I am also running Leopard with the default Python 2.5.1.   I can't
reproduce the issue you've described.  Have you made any modifications
to your PYTHONPATH?  Check TextMate's preferences to see if you've set
that to something bizarre.  Also, what do you get when you run the
following script:

import sys
print sys.path

–Alex