[TxMt] Matlab bundle

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Tue Dec 18 10:36:04 UTC 2007

On 18 Dec 2007, at 00:37, Don Kalar wrote:

> I'm still fairly naive to the details of your approach, but matlab
> provides an 'eval' function that executes a string passed as code.
> Could one simply pipe the code to run from textmate into an eval call,
> followed by a `touch /tmp/file_indicating_script_is_finished`? You'd
> need to wrap it in a try-catch most likely to ensure that the touch
> command occurs even if the executed string fails.

Yes, I already tried that approach. It works perfectly, even for
errors/messages BUT one looses the possibility to interact with R,
e.g. readline("Give me the value for x:"). I didn't find a way to
distinguish whether R is waiting for the user's input. And
unfortunately it's not allowed to overwrite the function 'readline'.

--Hans