[TxMt] Latex not found

Ben Wooliscroft bwooliscroft at business.otago.ac.nz
Thu Dec 13 10:22:22 UTC 2007

Latex found!

I'm on the latest Latex bundle and have been all along.

I'm afraid that I'm not sure which of the following two things fixed the
problem, they were instituted simultaneously:

Installed tex through i-installer (there was already a full MacTex
installation, but a google hunt suggested this might fix a similar problem
with Latexit, so I gave it a try).

Saved line:

PATH="/usr/bin:/bin:usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/local/bin:/usr/local/
sbin:/usr/texbin"

In environment.plist (but I'd done that before with no effect, even after
logging out and on again).

I'm guessing that something in the i-installer programme has fixed what I
couldn't.

Now when I select either MacTex or gwtex with the Tex distribution selector
in System Prefs Textmate finds them and runs them, terminal finds them,
etc..

It would be nice to know what was wrong, and what is now right, but I'm more
than happy that I can get back to my high productivity Latex environment
Textmate.

Thanks all

Ben