[TxMt] LaTeX Edit Configuration File

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 17:38:06 UTC 2007

On Aug 25, 2007, at 12:43 PM, Mark Eli Kalderon wrote:

> Starting a new thread because it is new issue.
>
>> Updating should make both this and the overprint/overlayarea stuff
>> work. I added some shortcuts for them and other beamer commands in
>> the "Insert Environment/ Insert Command" dictionary.
>
> After updating, I checked the configuration file via LaTeX → Edit
> Configuration File and could not find these. I then checked /
> Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Support/
> latex.config, and the changes were there, but have no effect---the
> shortcuts do not work. In the past I have edited the configuration
> file through the LaTeX bundle (I added support for the quote
> environment which I use often). Does this mean that editing the
> configuration file in this way somehow blocks the changes made to /
> Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Support/
> latex.config? Or am I doing something stupid? (Likely, I am afraid)

The way the "Edit Configuration File" command works is that, the
first time it runs, it copies whatever the contents of latex.config
were at the time to the file called
"com.macromates.textmate.latex_config.plist" under the Library/
Preferences folder. In subsequent calls, it merges the above file
with the version of latex.config in the bundle, giving preference to
the com.macromates file. So editing the config file theoretically
should not block updates to the bundle's latex.config. But the new
environments won't show up in the "Edit Configuration File" command.

So I am not sure why it didn't work, your situation seems to be the
same as mine. The changes should work without you even having to
reload bundles. How did you try them? For me, pressing "oa" followed
by ctrl-shift-{, produces an overlayarea environment. Similarly for
"op". Is this not the case for you?

> Best, Mark

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College